BLOUNTVILLE, TENN. (June 24, 2017) – Troy Lee Designs rider Cole Seely entered Round 5 looking to bounce back at Muddy Creek, but was forced to collect 40th overall after a crash in Moto 1 took him out of competition for the remainder of the day. While Seely sat out of Moto 2, he’s expected to return to Red Bud next weekend.
The weather conditions to start the day in Tennessee weren’t looking favorable as intermittent showers were making for some muddy qualifying sessions. Once the riders were ready for the first gate drop, the skies had cleared and the sun was out. Seely got out to a good start in the opening moto where he came around the first lap. On Lap 3, Seely tangled with another rider, went down and was unable to continue. After seeing how he felt following the crash, he decided to sit out Moto 2 and focus on coming back strong next weekend.
“My start was pretty good and was hoping to charge forward, but after going down we felt it best to sit out and play it safe,” said Seely. “I’ll be back for sure next weekend. I always enjoy Red Bud. It’s hard to beat that crowd.”
Seely will be getting excited about the trip to Red Bud next weekend for Pro Motocross’ Round 6 on July 1.
Seely was wearing the recently released GP Air Prisma Flo Yellow Racewear and a custom SE4 Carbon Midnight Helmet. See more of the 2018 gear sets and the 2018 Moto Helmets online and at your local TLD retailer.
450 Class Results (Moto Finishes)
- Eli Tomac, Kawasaki (2-1)
- Jason Anderson, Husqvarna (1-2)
- Blake Baggett, KTM (3-3)
- Weston Peick, Suzuki (4-4)
- Dean Wilson, Husqvarna (8-7)
- Justin Barcia, Suzuki (5-10)
- Justin Bogle, Suzuki (12-5)
- Martin Davalos, Husqvarna (11-6)
- Cooper Webb, Yamaha (9-9)
- Broc Tickle, Suzuki (6-12)
- Cole Seely, Honda (38-40)
450 Class Points, After 4 of 12 Rounds
- Blake Baggett, KTM, 195
- Eli Tomac, Kawasaki, 191
- Jason Anderson, Husqvarna, 176
- Marvin Musquin, KTM, 161
- Broc Tickle, Suzuki, 139
- Justin Bogle, Suzuki, 137
- Dean Wilson, Husqvarna, 137
- Weston Peick, Suzuki, 112
- Cooper Webb, Yamaha, 112
- Josh Grant, Kawasaki, 106
- Cole Seely, Honda, 105
Photo Credit: Jeff Kardas